For a more complete whole-body wellness consultation, you could plan 30 minutes of myofascial assisted stretch and shiatsu therapy.Myofascial Assisted Stretch is a body wellness technique where the client lies passively and is moved through a series positions to achieve stretches through the entire body. It provides health benefits by affecting synergistic muscle groups and engaging stretch receptors along the longitudinal, lateral, and spiral myofascial tracts, and creating space in tight areas that other wise would impede movement.
- It is an excellent supplement to hard physical activity, performance sports, recreational sports and outdoor enthusiasts who want to maintain healthy and pain free body function.
- It improves alignment by creating the right “tensegrity” or the muscle balance to maintain the floating compression and tension that maintains good posture.
- It is an excellent compliment to treatments in massage therapy, physiotherapy, acupuncture, chiropractic therapy, and exercise rehabilitation. These, in addition to a natural foods diet, and regular vigorous physical activity are vital to maintaining and increasing wellness.
- It is an excellent way to initiate a regular stretching routine.
Immediate Benefits of Assisted Stretch:
- Release of tension in tight muscles
- Offers relaxing treatment in a comfortable environment
- Provides deep stretching in a passive body position
- Help’s stretch areas that are difficult to reach by oneself
- Relieves knee, back, shoulder, and neck ache due to muscle tension or imbalance
- Lowers elevated blood pressure
- Presents more information and education about stretches and exercises that can improve your wellness
Long-Term Benefits of regular participation in any type of Stretch Routine.
- Improve Posture & restore healthy curves to your cervical, thoracic & lumbar spine
- Improved muscle balance for increased performance and injury reduction
- Unlimited Functional Ability to participate in physical activity – pain free
- Long-term health investment in terms of flexibility and joint range of motion
- Adds functional independence, autonomy and self-esteem for years to come
- Mental peace and mediation